Learn the essentials of photo-editing through this beginner/intermediate level class of five on-line lessons. The cost is R175/lesson. You’ll join a class of c6-8 people meeting once a week from 6 – 7:30pm. There will be two groups: one starting on Tuesday February 2 and the next on Thursday February 4. Classes then run for five weeks until Tuesday March 2 and Thursday March 4. Each class has a presentation by me, followed by a demonstration and then interactive work using either your own or the sample imagery provided. All of the presentations and sample imagery will be shared from my Google Drive.
You will be learning:
- How to adjust colour, saturation, exposure, highlights, shadows etc;
- How to use masks and brushes to edit parts of an image;
- How to combine and collage images;
- How to add borders and frames;
- How to cutout backgrounds and create your own copyright/watermarks;
- How to add watermarks;
- How to resize your imagery for different purposes;
- The correct image dimensions and characteristics for print and social media outputs;
- When and why you use different image file formats (JPG, PNG, RAW, TIFF) in photo-editing.
I’ve decided to use PhotoScape X as our introductory software because it’s got all of the standard photo-editing tools for adjusting your images. It works on a Mac or Windows and furthermore you can download it for free. There is a Pro version that has more functions (costs cR660) but you don’t need to buy it for the course. You will need a laptop or desktop computer (PhotoScape X is not designed for tablet or smartphone use). Depending on the group I’d also like to introduce you to some more advanced techniques using Luminar 4 – I’ll advise you on that at the start of the course. We’ll be using Zoom for the classes. I’d like you to edit some of your own imagery either from a camera (recommended) or smartphone.
And please note … you’re expected to download and install the software before the classes begin.
Contact me if you are interested in joining a class.
Mobile: +27 (0)722582134
Photoscape X: http://x.photoscape.org/